- Haskins, S. (2013). Gradually adaptive frameworks: Reasonable disagreement and the evolution of evaluative systems in music education. Philosophy of Music Education Review, 21(2), 197-212.
- Haskins, S. (2012). Making the grade: Using rubrics as an assessment tool in the music class. Florida Music Director, 65(8), 10-12.
- Signature Pedagogies: Preparing Doctoral Students to Disseminate Their Work. Co-presented to the NAfME Music Research and Teacher Education Conference, St. Louis, MO, 2014.
- Secondary Music Teachers: The Relationships Between Situation, Belief, and Behavior. Presented to the NAfME Music Research and Teacher Education Poster Session, St. Louis, MO, 2014.
- Do They Know What They Look Like? Research-Based Conceptualizations of Teaching Styles and Teaching Behaviors. Research and Best Practices Poster Session for the Society for Music Teacher Education. Greensboro, NC, 2013.
- Teaching Improvisation in the School Ensemble or Instrumental Studio. Presentation for the Florida Music Educators Conference. Tampa, FL, January 2013.
- Strategies for Teaching Improvisation for Teachers of Traditional Ensembles and Instrumental Studios. Workshop presented to the University of Miami Undergraduate Forum. Coral Gables, FL, February, 2013.
Works in Progress
- Belief and behavior: An investigation into teacher behavior in the school performing ensemble. Dissertation in progress. Completion date: February, 2015
- “Affluence of spirit” revisited: The continuing musical lives of past participants of the El Sistema music program in Venezuela. Research project in progress.
- Developing student musicianship through improvisation in the instrumental ensemble. Research-based practitioner paper in progress.
- Toward a critical discourse in the curriculum of collegiate schools of music. Philosophy paper in progress.
- The metaphysics of Henri Bergson and connections to the developing aesthetic of Impressionism in turn of the century Paris. Philosophy paper in progress.